Cursus Fotografie Verzamelen
This spring Foam Editions organises its yearly Collecting Photography Course. In six intensive gatherings first time and aspiring buyers will be accompanied through various elements of the process of acquiring photographic works. The course also includes a visit to a photography collector's home in Amsterdam.
Dates: Tuesday 12, 19 & 26 May, 9, 16 & 23 June 2015
Where: Meetings are held at Foam, Keizersgracht 609 and one visit to a collector's home.
Time: 6.30 - 9.00 pm (food and drinks will be provided)
Language: Dutch and English
Price: € 550,00 incl. VAT
6.30 pm Diner at Foam café
7.00 pm Lecture 1
7.45 pm Coffee and tea
8.00 pm Lecture 2
8.45 pm End
Lecturers (among others):
- Marcel Feil (Artistic Director of Foam)
- Clara von Waldthausen (Photo restorer)
- Daphne Nieuwenhuijse (Valuer)
- Henri van der Tol (Collector)
- Koos Breukel (photographer)
- Robert Jan Verhagen (Liefhertje en de Grote Witte Reus)
- Kai van Hasselt (collector, Shinsekai Analysis)
The final list of the twelve lecturers will be announced soon.
- How to look at contemporary photography
- Photographic techniques
- Pricing and investing
- Buying at auction and fairs.
Who should attend
New-to-the-field or seasoned collectors, those thinking about collecting photography or photography lovers.
There are a limited amount of places (max. 20 participants), applications will be excepted in order of registration. Foam Fund and Club Foam members are able to purchase discounted tickets (€25,- discount). For any inquiries contact Floor Haverkamp, firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-551 6500.